Michael I. Butera » Biography
Michael I. Butera is an experienced law professional working in Pittston, PA to serve the community by offering legal services in the areas of accidents, wills/estate law, products liability, social security, domestic, and much more. Michael I. Butera has a very flexible schedule for meeting to discuss what legal services are needed and to get to know you.
He assists with many types of cases, ensuring all the correct paperwork is filed and the process goes smoothly and abides by local and federal laws.
Contact our law office to get answers to your legal questions and help in your decision on the next steps you should take.
- Pennsylvania, 1976
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1976
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1976
- Temple University, J.D., 1976
- University of Scranton, B.S., cum laude, 1973
Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Northeastern Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Wilkes-Barre Law and Library Association (Member: Legislative and Court House Records Committees, 1995; Executive Committee, 1997-1999)
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Solicitor, Pittston City Housing Authority, 1976
- Luzerne County Treasurer's Office, 1987
- Luzerne County Mental Health, 1995
- Assistant District Attorney, Luzerne County, 1978-1983
- Member, 1988-1994 and President, 1993-1994, Board of Directors, Luzerne County Intermediate Unit
- Member, Board of Directors, Wyoming Area School District, 1988-1994
- Member, 1995 and President 1997-1999, Board of Directors, Greater Pittston Y.M.C.A
- Member, Board of Directors, Pennsylvania Area Mental Health, 2001